The COVID-19 outbreak honestly knocked me out of many of my routines and one of those was posting my monthly recipes. To make up for this I will be posting a new recipe every week for the month of June. The theme of this recipe series will be “Light Summer Meals”. Hopefully these lunch and dinner options will provide you with some new ideas of how to incorporate seasonal produce into your daily routine. ENJOY!
Chicken & Bulgur Salad with Peaches
Adapted from Cooking Light: https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/chicken-and-bulgur-salad-with-peaches
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 (Serving Size: 4oz of chicken and 2 cups of salad)
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2/3 cup bulgur
- Cooking Spray
- 1lb of chicken breast cutlets
- kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups of packed arugula
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of fresh peaches, sliced
- of Extra virgin olive oil
- rice vinegar
- STEP 1- Bring water and bulgur to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Let dry well on paper towels.
- STEP 2- Meanwhile, heat a grill-pan coated with cooking spray over high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until done, about 6-7 minutes. Remove to cutting board, let rest for 3 minutes, then slice against the grain into strips.
- STEP 3- Place bulgur, tomatoes, and arugula in a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining salt, along with olive oil and vinegar. Toss to coat. Divide evenly among four plates; top evenly with chicken
NUTRITION: (per serving)
- 364kcals, 14g Fat, 31g of Protein, 30g of Carbohydrates, 6g of Fiber, 9g of Sugar, 0g of Added sugar, and 547mg of Sodium