We are now conducting telehealth visits to allow you to access your physician by video using your computer or cell phone, as well as by telephone and the Athena patient portal. These appointments are appropriate for assessing new issues, providing routine follow-up visits, chronic care disease management, medication management, review of tests or laboratory results, and lifestyle coaching.
To prepare for a telehealth visit:
- Call our office to schedule the telemedicine visit: (301) 493-9320. You may also request an appointment via message through the Athena patient portal. If you do not yet have a portal account, we encourage you to register in order to access your results and other documents in preparation for your telehealth visit.
- Register/confirm your email address with our office and request to sign up for a portal account if you do not yet have one.
- After scheduling, we encourage you to complete the Consent for Virtual Visits form.
- Three days prior to your visit, you will be sent a message via email and/or text message that contains a link to perform your pre-visit registration. Click the link and follow the prompts until you’ve successfully completed the registration.
- On the day of your appointment, 15-30 minutes prior to the start time, you’ll receive another text message and/or email with a new link that will take you directly to your physician’s virtual “waiting room.” The link that opens will start with bethesdamed.doxy.me. Doxy.me is the secure virtual platform your provider will use to perform your visit.
- Some patients have reported this email going to their spam/junk folder. Please call us 10 minutes before your scheduled telehealth visit if you have not received the email or text by that time.
- No need to download software or create an account. Just use a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone, such as an iPhone or other smartphone. Doxy.me works best with the following web browsers: Safari, Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Doxy.me is private and secure. All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored. Doxy.me adheres to HIPAA data privacy requirements.
- Please make sure your device has the camera and microphone enabled and volume turned on/mute off. To be best prepared for the visit, please ensure you are in a private, well-lit room.
- Click on the link, and when you get to the website, type in your name and click the button to enter the virtual waiting room. Your doctor will join the visit at the appointment time. You will be able to see and hear the doctor and the doctor will be able to see and hear you.
Click here to view a flyer with instructions on how to check-in for your visit.
To view a video from Doxy.me showing the patient check-in process, chose your web browser below:
For tips on improved call quality, click here.