Happy week everyone! I hope you have all been able to get out and enjoy some of this fresh and gorgeous summer weather. It is definitely grilling season and while most of us do not think about grilling breakfast, here is a great recipe to changes up your morning routine. You can make these ahead of time or they would make a great main course to a summer brunch. ENJOY!
Chicken Sausage & Pineapple Breakfast Kabobs
Adapted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/breakfast-skewers/
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 1-7oz package of fully cooked chicken breakfast sausages
- 1-can (20oz) of pineapple chunks (packed in juice), drained
- 10 medium fresh button mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon of butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- Cut sausages in half; on five metal of soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausages, pineapple and mushrooms.
- Brush each skewer with butter & syrup
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, turning and basting with remaining syrup, for 8 minutes or until sausages are lightly browned and fruit is heated through.
- Serve with wilted greens and a fresh fruit salad for a healthy outdoor summer brunch
1 Skewer: 207kcals, 9.5g FAT, 17g CARBS (2g FIBER & 12g SUGAR), 15g PROTEIN, 71mg of CHOLESTEROL, 500mg SODIUM